Health & Education
Diabetes Education and Awareness Program.
Many people in rural Kisii are very under-priviledged and are among high risk of groups for developing diabetes. Because of their low degree of awareness regarding diabetes, these people face huge diabetes complications.
By creating diabetes prevention and awareness in communities we endeavour to remove a huge physical and financial burden from the families and individuals affected.
- Conduct screening and prevention camps
- Distribution of health promotion, awareness, and educational material.
- Training of Community Health Volunteers (CHVs)in order to aid the many people targeted in the communities
- Camps will be done in conjunction with local physicians and trained CHVs
- People at risk for further development will be identified and guided to seek basic care at local health centers.